dev.ed.am
Arduino Makefile
previous_open_issue.png
Go to the previous open issue
previous_issue.png
Go to the previous issue (open or closed)
star_faded.png
Please log in to bookmark issues
bug_report_small.png
icon_project.png Arduino Makefile / Closed Bug report #5 The arduino.mk file does not work with Arduino 1.5.2.
action_vote_minus_faded.png
0
Votes
action_vote_plus_faded.png
next_issue.png
Go to the next issue (open or closed)
next_open_issue.png
Go to the next open issue
icon_info.png This issue has been closed with status "Closed" and resolution "RESOLVED".
Issue basics
  • Type of issue
    Bug report
  • Targetted for
    0.6 release
  • Status
    Closed
  • Progress
  • Priority
    Not determined
User pain
  • Type of bug
    Not triaged
  • Likelihood
    Not triaged
  • Effect
    Not triaged
Affected by this issue (0)
There are no items
People involved
Times and dates
  • Posted at
  • Last updated
Issue details
  • Resolution
    RESOLVED
  • Reproducability
    Always
  • Severity
    Not determined
Attachments (1)
Commits (0)
There are no code checkins for this issue
Duplicate issues (0)
This issue does not have any duplicates
Description
I don't know if this should be a bug or a feature request, but the current version of the arduino.mk does not work on the Arduino 1.5.2. It seems they have added an optional subsystem names 'sam' as opposed to 'avr'. This caused some directories to be moved around within the arduino IDE. I have a patch that fixes this, but this bug report system doesn't seem to let me attach the patch file.

Here is a link to the patch: [[http://tetrasys-design.net/upload/arduino.mk.patch|http://tetrasys-design.net/upload/arduino.mk.patch]]

Carl
Steps to reproduce this issue
Try to use with the Arduino 1.5.2 IDE.
Comments ()
#6
 edam (edam)
Jul 31, 2013
I have added initial support for the Arduino 1.5.x software. It should work with all Arduinos except the new Due (building with the new `sam` backend isn't supported yet -- see bug 9).

Any feedback from testing the latest development version of the makefile will be greatly appreciated.

The issue was updated with the following change(s):
  • This issue has been closed
  • The status has been updated, from Being worked on to Closed.
  • This issue's progression has been updated to 100 percent completed.
  • The resolution has been updated, from Not determined to RESOLVED.
  • Information about the user working on this issue has been changed, from edam to Not being worked on.
#5
 edam (edam)
icon_reply.pngMay 22, 2013, in reply to comment #4
Hi Carl,

carl.nobile@gmail.com wrote:
After I wrote the fix, that's in my patch file, I realized that the
directory selection could have been automated. This would obviously make
the whole process invisible to the end used and then the SUBSYSTEM variable
would not be needed.
Yes, I think I'd want the subsystem selection to be transparent. I'll merge the patch and look at detecting/automating it.

I'm not getting your replies in email. I'll look around the system to see
if it shut off for some reason.
Regarding emails, this bug tracker sends emails from noreply@dev.ed.am, if you're looking for them.

Thanks again for the patch!

#4
 carl.nobile@gmail.com
icon_reply.pngMay 12, 2013, in reply to comment #3
Edam,

After I wrote the fix, that's in my patch file, I realized that the directory selection could have been automated. This would obviously make the whole process invisible to the end used and then the SUBSYSTEM variable would not be needed.

I'm not getting your replies in email. I'll look around the system to see if it shut off for some reason.

Thanks, Carl

edam wrote:
Thanks Carl, I've attached the patch. (Dunno why TBG wouldn't let you
upload it -- it's got an incredibly complex permissions system, which I've
checked, and regular users should be able to upload files. Perhaps it's a
bug! It wouldn't be the first I've found.)

Incidentally, I'd realised that the makefile wouldn't work with the new 1.5
library, which is required to use the new Arduino Duo (which is ARM-based,
and is the reason for the subsystem stuff). But, stupidly, I was thinking
that I would need to get hold of an Arduino Duo to get it working. For
some reason it hadn't occurred to me to test the makefile with the 1.5
library for all the usual Arduinos! Doh!


#3
 edam (edam)
Apr 28, 2013
Thanks Carl, I've attached the patch. (Dunno why TBG wouldn't let you upload it -- it's got an incredibly complex permissions system, which I've checked, and regular users should be able to upload files. Perhaps it's a bug! It wouldn't be the first I've found.)

Incidentally, I'd realised that the makefile wouldn't work with the new 1.5 library, which is required to use the new Arduino Duo (which is ARM-based, and is the reason for the subsystem stuff). But, stupidly, I was thinking that I would need to get hold of an Arduino Duo to get it working. For some reason it hadn't occurred to me to test the makefile with the 1.5 library for all the usual Arduinos! Doh!
#1
 edam (edam)
Apr 28, 2013
A file was uploaded. Carl's patchicon_open_new.png
History